Four remits pass at the 2017 AGM
25 Oct 2017
The IBANZ AGM for 2017 was held last Friday, the Board was joined by a number of members. Four remits were put forward and all were past unanimously by the meeting.
Full details of the finances and remits are available through the IBANZ website for Members.
In summary the remits covered the following matters:
- Attendance at AGM by electronic means - this will allow Members in future to attend via electronic means such as our webinar system and to vote on remits and Board nominations
- President/Vice President terms of office - clarified the procedure for extending the terms for the above positions where no nominations are received
- Independent Board Members - allows the Board to appoint independent persons to the Board to broaden the skill set of the Board
- Nominee from Affiliate Cluster Group - permits an individual from a Cluster Group organisation to be nominated for the Board, this person will be counted in determining the max number per group on the Board.
The meeting also elected the Board which will have nine members:
- Roger Abel - Rothbury
- Craig Buckle - Willis
- Tony Bridgman - Marsh
- David Crawford - Insurance Advisernet NZ
- Allan Daly - Avon Insurance Brokers
- Duane Duggan - Crombie Lockwood
- Stuart Speirs - Abbott Group
- Jason Smith - Property & Commercial Ins Brokers
- Ruth Steele - TSI Brokers and Consultants