Seminar: Insurance law & regulation
05 Oct 2017
ICNZ is delighted to host Professor Rob Merkin QC and Rebecca Sellers, co-authors of the upcoming 2nd edition of Colinvaux’s Law of Insurance in New Zealand and experts on topic, for a seminar on insurance law and regulation on Wed 1 November 9am - 12pm at the Winter Garden, Northern Club, 19 Princes Street, Auckland
This is an excellent opportunity for an update since Rob last presented to ICNZ members in 2015, and to inform our thinking as an industry on key legal and regulatory topics for what will be a busy 2018.
Topics to be covered include:
- Case law update – both domestic and international with a focus on takeaways for New Zealand.
- Insurance contracts law review – areas to watch based on offshore developments.
- The IMF FSAP, implications for IPSA, and the direction of travel for insurer conduct regulation.
- Assignment of insurance claim proceeds.
- Natural disaster insurance and dispute resolution.
- Insurer involvement in class actions and litigation funding.
Attendees will be encouraged to bring their own questions and interact with speakers to promote discussion for the audience.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org Registration closes Friday 27 October 2017 or sooner if we reach capacity. Capacity is limited so please register as soon as you can.
Cost is $25, including GST to cover venue hire and catering.
Payment can be direct credited to Insurance Council of New Zealand Inc, 02 0500 0202928 00. Please reference your name and/or company registering. For invoices please contact email@example.com