Presented by: Helen Twomey & Whitney Robertson
This session will focus on the differences between a claim and a circumstance. It will provide an overview of some of the key terms in a Professional Indemnity Policy. It will address the importance of notifying a claim or circumstance to the insurer and the consequences of late notification. The session will also discuss some useful case scenarios.
The seminar will cover:
• Notification of a claim or circumstance.
• Failure to notify circumstances, with reference to section 9 of the Insurance Law Reform Act 1977.
• Late notification of a claim or circumstance.
• Is the claim covered by an earlier notification of circumstances? In particular, issues regarding blanket notification.
• Discussion of useful case scenarios.